An online ticketing or e-tickets is an electronic version of a regular paper ticket. With online ticketing, data automatically recorded in several computer databases when a reservation is confirmed.
The advantages of an online ticketing:
- Time saving. It can be purchased online anywhere.
- Flexible and convenience. Customers do not have to visit the offices in order to purchase tickets. Your customer knows that all of his/her friends will be able to see the show at the same time.
- No need to worry about losing the ticket. It can’t be lost or forgotten at home. No need to carry a ticket with you.
- It reduces expense by eliminating the need for printing the ticket.
- You can deliver your tickets via mobile ticketing, where customers receive a text message ticket that can be scanned and used as a normal ticket at the door.
- You can cut back on labor costs since you won’t need as many front line cashiers and front counter.
- You can reach customers that you would have missed otherwise merely by letting them buy tickets in advance, from home.
- You can pass more information through to your customers. Customers can be made aware of the various discount deals and special promotions that you offer.
- Increase your sales by making it easy for customers to buy tickets.
You need software that gives you the ability to sell and issue print-at-home and smartphone tickets to any event or program and scan them on-site at the event using an iPhone. These online ticketing software allows you to issue tickets to an individual or group for any event or facility reservation for print-at-home or smartphone display. The software featuring:
- Schedule and send email reminders with access to tickets
- Check in and record participant attendance
- Using free iPhone Mobile Check In App
- Using a web camera connected to a laptop or desktop
- Admit or refuse admission based on the results of the check in
- Validate if ticket has been previously used or is outside of the allowable admission time
- Manage attendee participation
- Customize the ticket with logos, graphics, and instructions
- Print name badges for the event participants.